Saturday, September 26, 2009

New iPod's banned in Gyms

The new iPod nano is nothing short of awesome right? Well, not for members of Life Time Fitness, which has just banned the popular workout accessory from its gyms. Why, you may ask? Well, apparently people use their cameras in locker rooms to take pictures and videos of whatever shenanigans go on in there. A) I have never seen anything in a locker room that I would want to take a video of, b) most of the things I see in locker rooms, accidentally, are things I never want to see again, and c) I’ve just lost faith in humanity.

I suppose this is a logical step for the gyms, given that cell phones with cameras have been banned from locker rooms for the same reason, but given that the iPod nano is marketed directly to gym-goers (iPod + nike anyone?), this could be a huge blow to Apple if this becomes the precedent for other bans.

No comments: